Avoid Locksmith Scams
Recently we’ve heard of a number of companies calling themselves Sacramento Locksmith Services or a variation of such. Many quote low prices then show up and try to gouge the customer. Many times they don’t show up at all. Be assured that we are the one and only Sacramento Locksmith Services. There are many fine companies listed on the internet. But there are many scams as well. Here are a few things you can do to figure out if it’s a scam or not:
- All locksmiths are required by the state to be licensed by the California Department of Consumer Affairs. The license number should appear on their website.
- Any job that exceeds $250.00 has to be performed by a licensed contractor. The number should appear on their website.
- Do they have a local business license? Your county’s or city’s website should allow you to check.
- For commercial customers it is important to know that they have adequate insurance to protect you from any possible liability.
- Ask the people if they are locally owned and operated. Many out of state companies will come in and provide inadequate work or simply try to rip the consumer off.
- Protect yourself by getting a few quotes. If they try to rush you into a decision or try to avoid giving a basic quote then be careful.
- IF IT SOUNDS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE, THEN IT PROBABLY ISN’T TRUE.